A tale of two cities
Àngel Gomis Pérez
Read Chapters 1 to 3, and then answer these questions.
1. Who brought a message for Mr Lorry on the dover road? Jerry Chuncher brought a message for Mr Lorry on the dover road.
2. Who had brought Lucie back to England as a small child? Jarvis Lorry had brought Lucie back to England as a small child.
3. Who owned the wine-shop in Paris? Ernest Defarge owned the wine-shop in Paris.
4. Who sat in the wine-shop, knitting and watching? Teresa Defarge sat in the wine-shop, knitting and watching.
5. Who thought his name was 105, North Tower? Dr Manette thought his name was 105, North Tower.
6. Who was the prisoner at the Old Bailey …ver más…
4. “Friends and citizens! We are ready!” Defarge to people
5. “He'll take good care of my old bones.” Jerry Cruncher to Darnay
6. “I know where to find him.” Charles Darnay to Mr Lorry
7. “Now I, too, have been buried alive.” Charles Darnay
Read Chapters 8 and 9. Are these sentences true (T) or false (F)? Rewrite the false sentences with the correct information.
1. Dr Manette was in danger in Paris.(False) Charles Darnay was in danger in Paris.
2. Madame Defarge was very afraid of Lucie.(False) Lucie was very afraid of Madame Defarge.
3. Darnay was in a Paris prision for more than a year.(True)
4. Not many of the prisioners were sent to the Guillotine. (False) A lot of the prisioners were sent to the Guillotine.
5. John Barsad's real name was Solomon Pross.(True)
6. Barsad refused to help Sydney Carton in any way.(False) Barsad to help Sydney Carton in any way, because he has many problems that Carton knew.
7. Mr Lorry was planning to stay in Paris for some time.(False) Mr Lorry was planning to stay in Paris for short time.
1 Can you remember who's who? Match the characters to their descriptions.
Lucie Manette the doctor's daughter
Jarvis Lorry an old friend of the Manettes
Madame Defarge a good knitter
Dr Manette once a prisioner in the Bastille
Charles Darnay the Marquis's nephew
Sydney Carton a