Biografia de cameron townsend
Contamination is considered every damaging change produced physically, quimically and biologically speaking within life resources, that is to say, air, land and water.
Contamination is the presence of a minor and unwanted constituent in another material, metal, chemical or mixture, often at the trace level. In chemistry, the term usually describes a single chemical, but in specialized fields the term can also mean chemical mixtures, even up to the level of cellular materials.
Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies (e.g. lakes, rivers, oceans, groundwater).
Water pollution affects plants and organisms living in these bodies of water; and, in almost all cases the effect is damaging either …ver más…
Heating and pumping water requires chemicals and energy. When we waste less water, we conserve fuel, and reduce the pollution generated by burning fuel and treating water with chemicals. Taking these and other steps, and encouraging others to do so, makes good economic as well as environmental sense.
In the Bathroom • Install a toilet dam or plastic bottle in your toilet tank.
• Install a water-efficient showerhead (2.5 gallons or less per minute).
• Take short showers and draw less water for baths.
• When you buy a new toilet, purchase a low flow model (1.6 gallons or less per flush).
• Check your toilet for "silent" leaks by placing a little food coloring in the tank and seeing if it leaks into the bowl.
• Turn off water while brushing teeth and shaving.
In the Kitchen or Laundry • Compost your food scraps rather than using a garbage disposal in your sink.
• Keep a gallon of drinking water in the refrigerator rather than running the tap for cold water.
• Run your washing machine with a full load of clothes. Wash with warm water instead of hot, rinse with cold water instead of warm. Wash with cold water when you can. (When possible) hang your wash out to dry.
Outdoors • Install a drip-irrigation water system for valuable plants.
• Use drought-tolerant plants and grasses for landscaping and reduce grass-covered areas.
• Cut your grass