• No written source to which people can turn.
• Everything was transmitted orally, so knowledge is based to what is relevant in the present, meaning that a story could be transformed from one idea to another.
• No Authors.
• No written laws, punishment was terrible for slaves.
• No money.
• No private self
• Time of questioning and scientific discovery.
• The private self is invented
• Every person possess rights that most never be denied.
• This period is contemporaneous with Shakespeare, Elizabeth Period, Tudor Period, Cervantes, etc.
• Reason is put in front of feelings.
• Gustave Doré engraving of Milton's Paradise Lost
• The monarchy in