ASIGNATURA: TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTS
ESPECIALIDAD: DIDÁCTICA DEL INGLÉS COMO LENGUA EXTRANJERA
* FLOREZ CONCHA, Angélica Indira.
TÍTULO DEL TEMA:
TESTING LISTENING COMPREHENSION
1. CONCEPTOS BÁSICOS:
* TESTING.- It is a method for collecting information. A test is, first of all, about something in educational terms, tests have subject matter or content.
Second, a test is task or set of tasks that elicit observable behavior from the test taker.
Thus, tests are a form of measurement.
* LISTENING.- it is a linguistic factor. We normally develop listening skills in the classroom in lockstep fashion. It is important to student’s comprehension.
* COMPREHENSION.- It is …ver más…
…… Josh: Hi, my name is Josh.
……. Julien: Nice to meet you, Josh. Welcome to this country. Bye!
LIMITATIONS ON THE TESTING OF EXTENSIVE LISTENING
It is important to note, that if one wishes to make tasks more like those in real life, the serial nature of extended spoken discourse and the greater processing problems associated with understanding spoken English preclude items which focus on the more specifically linguistic skills such as working out the meaning of words from context or recognizing the meaning of specific features of stress and intonation. It is for example extremely difficult for students to backtrack and focus on very specific features of discourse while listening to and attempting to understand a non-interactive, uninterrupted monologue. To preserve the integrative nature of the test, therefore, we have to focus questions on the more global processing skills such as inference, listening for specific or identifying the main ideas.
2. THE TESTING OF INTENSIVE LISTENING.
• Dictation (sentence completion) it is important that the candidates should be assessed in situations as close as possible to those in which they will be required to use the language. For dictation this involves them listening to dictated material which incorporates oral messages typical of those they might encounter in the target situation.
For example: Write down the sentences you hear.
• Listening recall. The student is given a printed copy of