Resumen por capitulos de "a tale of two cities"
Chapter 1-2: This chapter shows the place and the time that the story takes place:
• England and France in 1775.
• France extreme violence and witness handmade of the guillotine and French Revolution.
• Saint Antoine is a neighbor of poor people in France.
• A wine barrel is watered and desperate people drink it from the ground. While the shop owner sees (Defarge)
• Defarge is taking care of Dr Manette recently released of the jail (Bastille).
• Dr Manette pass the time making shoes (he learnt in jail)
• Mr. Jarvis Lorry and Lucie (his daughter) traveled to France to recognize the Doctor.
Chapter 3-7: The Judge of Charles Darnay:
• …ver más…
• Monsieur and Madame Defarge planned a revenge for the aristocracy.
• Charles Darnay marries with Lucie.
• Dr Manette suffered a mental disorder as he remembers how he suffered at the hands of Charles’s uncle and father.
• The Dr Stay in his room during day until Mr. lorry makes him understand what been happen.
• The revolutionaries take the prison of the Bastille and many aristocrats are being caught and executed by the crowds.
• Darnay and Lucie have a child.
• A spy visits the wine shop of Defarge.
• Darnay receives a letter from the bank (Gabelle) that said that he want him in France in order to capture him.
• Darnay is arrested for a second time and the jury decides to send him to the guillotine.
• The defarges accuse Darnay using as evidence a handwritten letter from Dr. Manette showing how Darnays uncle and father put in prison the doctor without a trial.
• Barsad agrees to help Carton reach Darnay in prison and Carton buys some medicine.
• Darnay is accused by the defarges and is declared guilty by the judge.
• A paper is read out that was written by Dr. Mannette ( a proof against Charles)
• Sydney Carton makes a bold plan to get Darnay out of jail and save him from the guillotine.