Textos en ingles sobre el medio ambiente
1. What´s the environmental pollution? 1
2. Recycling 3
3. Risks of new technologies: personal music players & hearing 4
4. Reduce & Reuse 6
5. Acid Rain 8
6. Europeans make the environment a top priority 11
7. Salvaging the big blue 13
8. Urban growth 16
9. Environmental improvements 18
10. Temperate forests and deforestation 19
11. The price of pollution 21
12. Energy-Saving Lamps & Health 23
13. Taking Control of Air Pollution in Mexico City 25
14. What is Global Warming? 27
15. The top 10 worst polluted places on earth 29
1. What´s the environmental pollution?
World Medical Association Statement on Pollution …ver más…
Responsibility of Physicians
Physicians have the responsibility to educate the public and to encourage the establishing and maintaining of programs of environmental protection for their communities.
Individual physicians and National Medical Associations should take appropriate action to discharge the foregoing responsibility
Recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources. Collecting used bottles, cans, and newspapers and taking them to the curb or to a collection facility is just the first in a series of steps that generates a host of financial, environmental, and social returns. Some of these benefits accrue locally as well as globally.
Benefits of Recycling • Recycling protects and expands U.S. manufacturing jobs and increases U.S. competitiveness. • Recycling reduces the need for landfilling and incineration. • Recycling prevents pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from virgin materials. • Recycling saves energy. • Recycling decreases emissions of greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change. • Recycling conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals. • Recycling helps sustain the environment for future generations.
Steps to Recycling a Product
Recycling includes collecting recyclable materials that